Childbirth In order to make the birth process as efficient as possible, chiropractic care ensures that all systems of the body, especially the reproductive system (uterus, ovaries, surrounding tissues and hormones) function properly. The reproductive system is controlled by the nervous system, and chiropractic care directly affects the nervous system. As a woman’s body undergoes substantial physical and hormonal changes during pregnancy, chiropractic is a natural and effective way of supporting her transformation without the use of medication.
Research has shown women who receive chiropractic care during their pregnancy have the following benefits:
- Reduced back and neck pain through pregnancy and labor
- Decreased nausea and discomfort
- Prevent premature contractions and early labor
- Correct breech presentation and prevent potential caesarian sections
- Shortened time of labor and delivery